the Swarthout Family Web Site
I am always looking for new material for the web site. I welcome submissions
and suggestions, but have set the following guidelines:
- I will not include any residential phone numbers unless specifically authorized
to do so by the individual.
- I will not post any family tree information that includes dates and locations
of living individuals unless they specifically authorize me to make it public.
I will gladly post email addresses, particularly for queries and questions
- The preference is to provide original source data, such as transcribed Bible
Records and pension files currently on the site.
- Newspaper clippings, articles and similar items may be posted if they don't
violate copyright laws. If there is not a written permission, and I am uncomfortable
with posting the content, we can place a summary on the site and provide an
email link so that others may request a copy of further detail from the holder
of the document.
- To insure the integrity of the data on the web site, any information should
include the properly cited sources of that info. I know that this can be a
pain and adds to the time required, but it does increase the credibility of
the web site and will reduce the chances of erroneous data being promulgated.
- This is not a commercial site. From time to time, goods and services thought
to be of value to the visitors may be suggested or a link made available.
This should not be construed as an endorsement or advertisement. When requesting
information from individuals, whether through this web site or another, be
polite and always be willing to cover costs.
- I will, in the near future, be advertising a picture of Gladys Swarthout.
I recently acquired the negative, and will use any profits generated from
the sale of prints to fund this web site. If, by some amazing set of circumstances,
there should be an actual over flow of funds, they will be forwarded to the
Swarthout Family organization on an annual basis.
- This web site, while for the spread of information about the history of
the Swarthout family and their family organization, is a private endeavor
and is not supported financially by the family organization.
This page was created
by Mark Swarthout.
Back to the About Page
The last update to the page was on April 28, 2002.
Send me some information by